Population and Sample Study in Qualitative Analysis

Dissertation Forum Forums Methods Population and Sample Study in Qualitative Analysis

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Maria A. Poff Maria A. Poff 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Arik Jones
    Arik Jones
    Keymaster

Qualitative Research analysis is a systematic approach focused to study the behaviors and experiences of the sample population and interpret their meanings. It is majorly concerned about exploring issues, understanding phenomena and interpreting results. Some of the aspects studied through qualitative analysis are studying perceptions through focus groups, in-depth interviews, content analysis, and ethnographic study.

All qualitative researchers wrestle with sample selection. On one hand, they want information-rich participants who can report on their experiences. On the other hand, they need their sample to faithfully represent the underlying phenomena or issues. The purpose of qualitative research designs is to achieve textured knowledge about people’s experience of some phenomenon or issue. As a result, qualitative analysis should focus more deeply on “information-rich” participants, rather than on a broad sample representative of large populations.

There are many qualitative analysis software like NVivo that help people manage and shape the collected unstructured data. These software are equipped with tools that can easily classify and sort the data and can make out meaningful conclusions.

Thomas Trevino
    Thomas Trevino
    Participant

Whatever method we choose, we should be able to give a detailed information of it at the end.

Kevin Guerrero
    Kevin Guerrero
    Participant

Choosing a wrong method can effect the data analysis part also.

Charles I. Teer
    Charles I. Teer
    Participant

Yes if you did not choose an appropriate data collection method you won’t be able to get a desired analysis at the end.

Maria A. Poff
    Maria A. Poff
    Participant

Yes it did happen to me while I was pursuing my Ph.D.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.